Reporting to the Managing Director, the Executive Manager Risk and Compliance is responsible for;
- All areas of Risk and Compliance within the NDB Group.
- Establish and review Risk and Compliance Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure the Risks and Compliance framework meets internal and regulatory requirements.
- Prepare annual compliance plans for approval by the Board Audit Risk Committee (BARC) and deliver within plan.
- Provide guidance to executive management on all Risk and Compliance matters.
- Formulate the NDB Group’s operational and credit risk management framework, policies and strategies.
- Review the Risk and Compliance procedures and recommend robust processes to manage risk exposures.
- Provide guidance to the Credit Risk Management Committee on the Bank's loan portfolio to ensure appropriate actions are taken on potential or existing risks and provisioning proposals.
- Provide guidance on appropriate Credit Risk Management processes.
- Guide the executive management on risk appetite for the banking industry and the market conditions.
- Oversight of the Collections and Recoveries Department and ensure compliance within delegated authorities
- Manage the relationship and support the functions of Legal and Internal Audit Departments in their risk management activities.
- University Degree, preferably in Banking, Finance or Accounting.
- Advanced knowledge in Commercial Law, Risk Management and Regulatory Compliance.
- Advanced Credit Risk analysis skills and conversant with Lending Processes.
- Advanced knowledge on Corporate Banking skills and Risk Management concepts.
- Advanced technical skills in Financial Analysis.
- Well developed People Management Skills in a high performance work culture.
- Minimum 10 years of commercial banking experience with 5 years in senior risks and compliance role preferably with a commercial bank.
Application close on Friday, 28 January, 2022. Only Short listed Applicants will be notified.